My highlight from class this week was learning about generation alpha. I think one of the challenges of teaching in the modern world is how fast things like globalization, and technology are changing the landscape of the world. This makes teaching challenging since we don’t truly know what we are preparing our students for. Already in my work with kids, I am seeing the impact of growing up during a global pandemic something that was never even on my horizon as a child. In one of our other courses, we have been repeatedly told to ask our students ‘ungoogleable’ questions. I think this has a lot of relevance in how we teach Generation Alpha. We might not fully understand the world our students will live in but teaching them logical thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving will always have an application.

We also learned about some interesting resources, both to help us expand our personal learning networks and classroom tools. Canva seems like a fun way to create engaging elements for your classroom and I will definitely be checking it out soon!